Feeling the heat this summer? So are we. But fear not —our pals over at Loving Earth have treated us to a delicious recipe that's perfect for the warmer months. Check out the Mint Iced Hot Chocolate recipe below and tell us your mouth's not watering! We can't wait to give this a go.
- 2 cups of coconut milk and/or almond milk
- 80g of Loving Earth Crunchy Dark mint bar, chopped
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut nectar
- 1/8 tsp. peppermint extract
- 2-3 cups of ice
Coconut whipped cream:
- Canned coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- Coconut nectar
- Melt the 80g of Crunchy Mint Chocolate into a large heatproof bowl and heat over a saucepan with water, ensuring the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water.
- Once the chocolate has melted, add the milk and stir, making sure that it does not boil. Add in the cacao powder and coconut nectar and stir to combine. Feel free to leave out the cacao powder and coconut nectar if the flavour is already strong enough.
- Remove from the heat and add in the peppermint oil (don’t add too much, just a small drizzle as the mint flavour of the chocolate should add enough).
- Let the hot chocolate cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Once the hot chocolate has completely cooled, transfer it to a high-speed blender. Add in the 2-3 cups of ice and blend on high until it thickens and resembles a “frappé”.
- Pour into serving glasses and top with plant-based ice cream, coconut whipped cream and garnish with mint. Serves 3-4 people. Enjoy!
And there you have it, guys! Loving Earth's mouth-watering summer recipe we know we're all going to be obsessed with. If you give it a go, make sure to upload a pic of your dessert onto Instagram and tag both @boodyecowear and @loving_earth! We can't wait to see it.